Saturday, October 27, 2012

Quinoa-Oats crusted pizza with guacamole- edamame hummus topped with simple veggies!




I am calling it as a leftover pizza. For the dough I used Savory Coconutty Quinoa  that I cooked a day before, the spread was minty guacamole-edamame hummus and the toppings are any veggies of your choice. I used tomatoes, onions and green peppers.
I added about 3/4th cup of oats to coconutty quinoa and just grinded the everything before spreading it for the base. Add more oats if you feel the batter is still on the loose side. Also I added some more spices like garlic, garam masala and some more salt to taste.





Here is how the whole thing looked. A little more browned than I expected
This recipe is totally inspired from my lovely friend's blog.....Richa.. she writes at VeganRicha. For the whole month of October, she is super busy in making different types of pizzas crusts and spreads and toppings. Check her blog out. It's awesome. Some of my favs are -
  • Thanks Richa for sharing all the great pizza recipes! You always inspire me to cook more and more and more..:)
DS loved it so much that only half of the whole left for me and DH..:)

2 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Wat a healthy twist, loving this pizza.

Manali said...

Thanks Priya!