Thursday, July 19, 2012

Homemade Granola


Nothing like crunchy granola in your cereal or as a yogurt topping or just as a snack on the go.Super easy and super fun to make your own granola! Once in a while I do buy from the store but most of the times I prefer to make my own. You can totally customize it to your taste. Considering my son's allergies, I find it easy to make my own instead of reading labels on the back of the granola pack. That way I have the whole control over what's going in and I also get to modify it the next time if I don't like what I added this time. Super flexible isn't it?

Here is what you will need-:

  •  3 cups of rolled oats
  • 3/4th cup agave
  • 4 tbsp water
  • 1.5 tsp vanilla extract/ almond extract
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  • 1 cup of mixed dry fruit- I used dried blueberries and golden raisins
  • 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
Feel free to add anything else you like. Chopped walnuts or pecans is a great substitute for almonds. You can add dried papaya or any other dry fruit you may like.

Method-:
  • Preheat oven to 350 F. Spread the oats on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. Remember to stir twice in between.
  • Mix agave, water, vanilla extract or whichever extract you are using in a bowl. Add toasted oats, sesame seeds, and dry fruits and almonds.
  • Mix well and spread over the baking sheet and bake for 15 more minutes, stirring twice in between.
  • Let it cool and munch on some while still kind of hot...:)

Just few more captures that I enjoyed clicking..:)

Let them spill a bit!!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just in time when I needed one. The clicks are fabulous.
Love Ash.

Surabhi said...

Will definitely try these...have been looking for healthy snacks for kids as school year is about to start.

Manali said...

Thanks Ash and Surabhi..:)
I loved clicking them!